Love Story

Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Celebration

We have had a CRAZY but fun couple of days. On Thursday night we went to the Centerville Park and watched their fireworks. Lauren was mesmerized by them. It was a pretty fun night. Abby loved to play at the playground and go down the slide but there were always about a houndred kids trying to go down the slide at a time. I think I got more frustrated than Abby did. As she would be on the top of the slide getting ready to go down, about 20 kids would push her out of the way and go in front of her. She would just patiently wait for her turn!! I wanted to scream!! I mean.. come on.. I don't want her to be throwing punches and pushing these little kids back.. but I wish I knew how to teach her to defend herself and not let everyone always step all over her. I know.. I know.. I shouldn't worry about it.. she doesn't seem to care.. but I hate watching it done to my little girl.

Ok.. onto happier times.. :) After the firework show we slept over at Mike's parents house. In the morning we went to the Centerville Park and ate breakfast and watched the parade. Mike's uncle Rick came and watched the parade with us and Lauren loved him!! Afterwards we went home and the girls had a little quiet time.. I knew it was going to be a LONG night!!

So about 2pm we went over to my parents house and had a bbq. It was SOO much fun. I have a little cousin that is 6 years old and Abby LOVES playing with him. She was in heaven! My little Lauren ate everything in sight and then took a 2 1/2 hour nap!!!!! YEAH!! So the bbq was all in all pretty relaxing for Mike and I. About 7pm we went to the Murray Park and watched their program and the fireworks. Although Abigail had a little breakdown.. the night was rather fun!! Lauren was DONE about 10 min into the firework show. She was very happy to go home!! We got home around 11pm and the girls were OUT!!

We had so much fun. I hope you guys all had a wonderful 4th of July as well!!









1 comment:

Tiff said...

it looks like you had lot of fun! your girls are so freakin' cute!! emma is getting excited to see abby!! see ya wednesday.