Love Story

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hayden's Birth Story

I was admitted into the hospital at 7:30am   I was only at a 2 when I got there.

A couple hours later, they checked again and I was almost at a 3. I was a little nervous
because I felt like it had been a while, but the midwife said I was doing great. 
My nurse was fantastic! 

My family came about 10:30 am and we watched Megamind together. 

The Midwife came in to break my water at 1pm. When she checked, I was at almost 4cm. 

At about 3:30pm, I went into the bath.  Contractions came a lot harder and I had a bit of bleeding so they thought I was almost there. Then when they checked me I was only at a 5.  I was very frustrated. I was on pitocin, so it was making the contractions come very hard and fast. I wanted to go natural, but it had been about 10 hours and it didn't seem like I was progressing very much. 

At 5:30 I finally broke down and got an epidural.  It was PHENOMENAL!! I felt much better.  I was still at 5 cm at this point. 

At 6:00pm, I  was dialated to a 10!!!! I just needed that epidural to help my body relax so it could progress!

Hayden's  head was still a little too high, so we waited a little while for the contractions to help bring
him down. 

Hayden was head up.. so this made pushing very difficult!! They had to try to turn him around (lets just say at this point I was VERY thankful for that epidural!!)  When they were finally able to get him turned around, pushing was much easier!

Hayden was delivered at 8:32pm. 
6lbs 15oz
21.5 inches long

Hayden gave us a bit of a scare right at first... so did momma. The placenta had detached, but we don't know how long he was without oxygen. 
There was also more blood than usual and Hayden came out with very little color and no muscle tone.
They rushed in extra nurses and called in the NICU staff, then everything turned out fine.

We are so very blessed to have Hayden as part of our family. His whole family just adores him!! 

WE LOVE YOU HAYDEN!!














                                           Uncle  Bryan and Aunt Chantel came to visit!!










Mommy is very pale because she lost alot of blood!! She sure does love her little boy though!!



Daddy gives Hayden his first Bath





No comments: